LinkedIn’s just announced its new Showcase Pages, which are a great addition to your Company Pages.
As LinkedIn says:
“LinkedIn members will be able to follow the specific brands and products they care most about that have Showcase Pages.”
This is great news for professional services firms. You can set up showcase pages for up to 10 of your services. People can choose to follow these pages in addition to, or instead of your company page, allowing them to self-select the info that’s relevant to them.
They’re another great way to share helpful content with other LinkedIn users and to build a community – essentially they’re all about sharing great content. But, unless you’re a big brand, it’ll likely take time to build your followers.
And you’ll need to think carefully about your capacity to manage these pages. They will need to be regularly updated (ideally at least weekly) so there is fresh content and you look on top of the issues. The good news is that you can use a mix of your own and third party content to position you so it shouldn’t be too onerous to find things to post.
This ‘how to’ video below shows you how to set up a showcase page (and how to delete one should you need to).
Tips for promoting your Showcase pages
There are so many ways to promote your Showcase Pages. Here’s a list of ideas to get you started:
- Get relevant people within the firm to include links to these on their profiles (ideally at the bottom of the summary section).
- Include links from relevant pages on your website to these showcase pages.
- Include a link in your email signoff.
- Mention this in your news-alerts, in client meetings, at the end of seminars or presentations.
- Invite relevant contacts to follow a showcase page for news on ‘X’.
- Pay for some of the really valuable posts to appear as sponsored updates in a certain demographic’s LinkedIn feed – a number may then follow a particular Showcase page in return.
How to set up the new LinkedIn Showcase Pages in your Company Pages
I’d love to know what you think of Showcase Pages. Let me know in the comments and please share Pages you’ve set up. And please share this post if you find it valuable. Thanks.